Sunday, October 2, 2011

There's nothing like attending a beautiful wedding and enjoyable reception to make you totally reevaluate your own upcoming nuptials. 


Two of our friends got married yesterday. 
CONGRATULATIONS Matt and Stephanie. Or should I say Mr. and  Mrs. Simpson?


It was a beautiful ceremony. The bride looked gorgeous and the groom even got a little bit of a haircut. The reception was held in an art gallery and everything was planned to perfection. 


Like I said, there's nothing like attending a beautiful wedding and enjoyable reception to make you....panic...about your own. 


Sitting there during the cocktail hour, as we enjoyed the fried banana appetizer being offered from silver trays, I sat there and wondered: 
"Is the food we have for our cocktail hour going to be as yummy? Will people love it?"
As the newly married couple dancedtheir first dance, I looked into my lady's eyes and wondered:
"Did I pick the right song?"
Once you start asking yourself question like that, the floodgates open.
"Did we pick the right glasses for the wine?"
"Did we order enough glasses?"
"Did we order enough napkins?"
"....plates? forks? knives?"
"Who should make the toasts?'

"Should we have assigned our guests to specific tables?"
"Does anybody really want to see me dance to Let's Get It On?


A person in my situation really could go on and on and dissect every aspect of someone else's wedding but all you're really going to do, in the end, when all is said and done, is add to your already full basket of anxiety. 
I think 1-800 FLOWERS offers a 'Basket of Anxiety." It's a little lovely wicker basket full of impatiens and cocaine.
I have to keep telling myself everyone's wedding is different. Different and personal to the bride and groom. All you can do is enjoy someone else's wedding and then enjoy your own and try to remember its not a competition. 
As of today, there are 14 days left until our wedding. 
Two weeks.
I'm not sweating it. Everything that is worth doing well takes time and the time is usually two weeks.
Ever hire a contractor?
Ask them how long the job will take. Their answer? Two weeks. 
Like celebrities? Take Ashton and Demi. Ask them how much longer their marriage is going to last. Their answer? Forever. The real answer? Two weeks. Come on! You know it's true. How long can you stay married to your grandmother? Let me rephrase that. If you don't live in West Virginia, how long can you stay married to your grandmother. Sure. She always has hard candy in her purse, but is that enough to maintain a happy relationship. Ashton? The ball's in your court. 
I'm getting off point. 
We were talking about going to a nice wedding and then freaking out about your own. 
Yep. That's it. 
I'm freaked out.






Je. Matzer~Goin' To The Chapel

All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. So long as she's happy, it'll be a great wedding. And you know she'll be happy, because she's the one who gets to take you home!

    ReplyDelete