Tuesday, October 11, 2011

You know. When I am dancing our first dance with Fawn, I will probably be wishing that the moment will last forever. When we are surrounded by our family and dear friends, laughing and hugging, I will be thinking how awesome the moment is and how lucky I am. 
Right now though, my stomach is in knots and I've been losing sleep because of all the drama coming from several different directions. All because two people fell in love and wanted to have an awesome wedding.
I am amazed at how insensitive some people can be. 
I am appalled at how selfish others can be. 
I can handle the possibility of rain.
I can handle the possibility of a train. 
(Feeling very Dr. Seuss at the moment)
I can even handle a zombie eating my brain. 
Not really. I just wanted to complete the rhyme. 
This is not going to be a perfect wedding. Is there such a thing? I know that I can't control everything. Stuff happens. At some point you just have to laugh and say 'Oh well. That's life.'
I can't control the weather or train schedules for a national company. 
At 2:30P.M. on Sunday I will hand over the CLIPBOARD OF POWER to Lisa, our coordinator and just enjoy the day I've been planning for a year. you'd better believe it, Bub.


I've told Fawn that this is it. This is the last time we get married. And if, in a moment that will later be described as temporary insanity, we do decide to do it all over again, only if to renew our vows, it will be just us, an officiant and a witness who is a mute.


I haven't regretted one second of the last year. Not one. I have been disappointed though and saddened by the insensitivity of some but bullshit aside, it has been a great ride. 


In the end, it's not about these people who have tried to rain on our parade and I hope at some point, before or after the wedding, they realize that.
This coming Sunday is about me and my beautiful lady. I am keeping my eyes on the prize. Sunday, October 16, 2011 is going to be a beautiful day. We will be surrounded by the people we love and who in turn love us. It is going to be awesome. 


Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. 
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. 
Just...keep...swimming.



Je. Matzer~Goin' To The Chapel

All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. You got that right, man. Just keep swimming. The best part is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete