Wednesday, October 12, 2011

4 days away now. 
4. 


It was a busy day today and I am happy to say that the last of the big things on my THINGS TO DO list has been checked off.
SWOOSH! 
That was the sound of a pen checking a YES box on a list of things to do. 
CRAP!
That was the sound of me realizing that now there are only 320 smaller things left to do.
I am happy to say that I spent about an hour on the phone, more about that in  a second, with my disc jockey and we worked everything out. I feel so much better about things now than I did last week. 
I get nervous ordering Chinese food over the phone.
So imagine how I felt about being told I was going to discuss all the details regarding my wedding music over the phone and that the first time I would be meeting with my disc jockey, face-to-face, would be an hour before the wedding. 
I have to admit. I was a little freaked out. Oh okay. I was a lot freaked out. 
I talked with my dj today and he seems like a really nice guy. 
We discussed all of my special requests and asked each other all the important questions. We talked about positioning of speakers and the order of songs. Ian, my dj, sounded like he knew what he was talking about and his confidence was calming. He was patient with me and let me ramble on and on. 
Wedding Brain is a terrible thing. I would guess that if there was another two weeks of all this planning and phone calls and emails, the police would probably find me in a tree, in the fetal position, sleeping in the nest I had built from the pages of Modern Bride. 
A follow-up email will answer some lingering questions about some key timing and some disc jockey magic. Then we will be set. BOOM! Done!
The music was the first thing I started planning all those months ago and I've always imagined it being just so. I have worked long hours in the choosing music that reflects who Fawn and I are as people and as a bride and groom. 
I think people will like it. 
Music is a go!
THUNDERBIRDS are a go!
(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)


I was supposed to go a tanning salon today. We received coupons from Men's Wearhouse  (Wearhouse. Get it?) for free tanning sessions. 
Fawn suggested I grab some rays. She didn't come right out and say "Don't you want some pigment on your skin for the wedding?' She did that thing that all women do. She told me to do something, made it sound like a suggestion, and in the end I will be adamant that it was my idea in the first place. 
It was actually. 
I've never been to tanning salon but then again this wedding is making me do a lot of things I have never done before. 
I had never been to a HOOTERS. 
I had never designed flowers for a table setting. 
I have never picked out table cloths. 
I had never been to a HOOTERS. Ever
I've never gotten my nether region waxed. 
I'm kidding. I just wanted to see if you were still reading. Believe me, if there's going to be something hot and sticky anywhere near my boys, it's not going to be wax. It'll probably be something from Cinnabon
Just wanted to leave you with that image. 
Sweet dreams, Dear Reader. 



Je. Matzer~Goin' To The Chapel

All Rights Reserved




1 comment:

  1. OK, I am now erasing all images from what's left of my mind (it kinda imploded on that last thought...)

    ReplyDelete