Friday, October 7, 2011

From the 2011 Farmer's Almanac:
October 16th is the best day to:

Cut hair to retard growth
Mow grass to retard growth
Quit smoking
Wash wooden floors
Buy a car
Host a party
Write


I think I'm in good shape. 
I got a haircut yesterday. And yes. I look handsome. LOL. 
I'm mowing the grass tomorrow.
I don't smoke. Never have...never will. 
There are wooden floors at the venue and I guess that if someone spills something...Okay. This one is going in the Maybe column.
Buy a car. Covered. Thanks again, Dad. 
Write? Well we do have to sign the marriage license. I guess that counts.

Apparently, once again according to the Farmers' Almanac, October 9th would have been the best day to get married...get married, cut firewood, castrate farm animals and potty train. 

You know. October 16th is looking better and better. 





Je. Matzer~Goin' To The Chapel

All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Well, October 9th was a great day to get married in 1959. That's when my parents headed to the court house on their lunch break and said their "I do"'s in front of complete strangers. And they're still enjoying married life.

    I'm sure the 16th will be just as perfect... I know you've put a lot of work into planning a beautiful celebration that expresses your love. But even if the dj brings nothing but country tunes, the tux rips and the cake says Happy Bar Mitzvah, remember my parents: the wedding day itself is not what counts, it's the lifetime commitment. <3 <3 <3 Blessings to you and Fawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you stole my comment! I was gonna say how October is a fantastic month to get married. Because my parents were married in October. But my sister beat me to it. (Well, I still love her, but sometimes she's just too quick!)

    ReplyDelete