Thursday, September 29, 2011

Today is about flowers, balloons and a party. 


Flowers
This morning I will be meeting with the "Wedding Flower Person" or WFP, as they are known in the industry. I have my color laser prints and fabric swatches in hand and I'm ready. Fawn and I traded many emails yesterday trying to finalize what we would like. Now it's just a question of what our WFP can put together and if they can do it for a price that we can afford. 
We looked at a lot of photos yesterday. Alot. And after a while all the bouquets and all the boutonnieres start to blend together into one big pretty blur. 
I'm positive that we'll be able to come up with something. 
I've seen in some articles that some people have just gone into fields and gathered wild flowers, wrapped a ribbon around them and handed them to the bride. 
You know that if I ventured out into a field one or several of the following would happen:
1. I would stumble across a sleeping bear and get eaten. 
2. I would stumble across a bee hive and get stung...run screaming into the woods...trip over a sleeping bear....and then get eaten
3. I would grab something that causes red bumps and itchiness.
4. TWO WORDS: SINK HOLE.
5. ONE WORD: SNAKE.
6. I'd get shot for trespassing.


There will be no field trips for me except for the one that involves me walking into a store and talking to people who are qualified to put flowers together and make them look pretty. 


********


Balloons
They're round and colorful and too some people, the work of the Devil. 
This is a no-brainer. 
I already know what colors I need and where I'm going to put them.
I just need someone with really powerful lungs. 


********


PARTAAAAY!
Wedding shower tonight courtesy of two good friends, James and Rachel. 
It will be nice to be with friends and take a night off from planning and organizing and eating little wieners on toothpicks. 
By the way...
I was in a band in college called LITTLE WIENERS ON TOOTHPICKS. 
We were a Backstreet Boys cover band.





Je. Matzer~Goin' To The Chapel

All Rights Reserved


1 comment:

  1. Silk flowers to avoid allergies. Helium tank for balloons, to avoid lung strain. And my college intramural basketball team name: Dick and the 4 Skins. I'm still too embarrassed to tell my wife. (Not about the name, about the time I got called for hanging out too long in the key, which only proved to my teammates that I knew nothing about basketball.)

    I hope you have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete