Friday, February 11, 2011

WHAT is up with caterers?!!!
Seriously. 
WHAT the HELL is up with CATERERS?!!!
Sorry. I just had to scream that. This whole caterer thing is driving me crazy and I'm about to say "You know what? Let's go through the drive-thru and pick up some buckets of the Colonel's best. Who wants original recipe?" 
Hello! I have money! I want to give it to you in return for food and services. That's what you do, right? Are you so busy you don't have to return phone calls? Congratulations! How lucky you are that you don't need my business. 
Okay. So from what I've been reading, this seems to be the process. It's sort of like buying a puppy. You look and look until you think you've found the one you just have to have and then you take it home and it shits all over you which is okay because that's what puppies do and you can put up with a little poop and barking but what if you told them how much you loved them and wanted them and then they never called you back? Even after you've left several messages on voice mail and through e-mails. The caterers, that is, and not the puppies. Although everyone has a cellphone these days. How long until we have Pet-Cells? Or Puppy-Pods? The I-Pooch?
You have a first date and things go really well and then you exchange numbers and then...nothing! You start to wonder. "Is it me?" "Was it something I said or did?" "Is it something in my teeth...OH GOD! Do I HAVE B.O.?!"
Fawn and I know what kind of food we are going to serve at our reception. It is quite logical actually. We have to serve over a hundred people something good and hot and fast. I'm perfectly fine with Hot Pockets. Sure it bucks with tradition! But that's me! I'm a rebel! 
Having decided on what kind of food we want served, the next task was to find someone who could supply it...those people are called caterers
The on-line dictionary defines caterers as:



v. ca·teredca·ter·ingca·ters
v.intr.
1. To provide food or entertainment.
2. To be particularly attentive or solicitous; minister: The nurses catered to my every need. The legislation catered to various special interest groups.
v.tr.
1. To provide food service for: a business that caters banquets and weddings.
2. To attend to the wants or needs of.



It seems, that perhaps, some folks that call themselves caterers have forgotten what it is they're supposed to be doing. I'm sure it's on their business license. 
Right there. On the wall, over your left shoulder. Yep! That thing in the frame a couple of inches below The Singin' Bass. 
When I worked in the food industry I would have loved to receive emails like the one's I've sent to our selected caterers. Glowing reviews of service and food would have made my day (For the most part, for the record, I did hear very positive comments from my customers I'm just trying to make a point here)
HOW can you just not call someone back who has taken the time to frequent your business, spend money there, then take the time to write you a lengthy email praising your food and service? How do you just ignore someone who has expressed sincere interest in spending more money in your establishment? 

HOW? WHY? WHAT the....?????!!!

This is not over. Not by a long-shot. This is the guy who put up with medical bureaucracy for almost two years. I'm the creator and sole owner of the copyright for the I'M SORRY THAT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME t-shirt. 

No. This is not over at all. 
I'll be back.



Je. Matzer~Goin' To The Chapel
All Rights Reserved

2 comments: