Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I've been to a few weddings in my life. Some were awesome. Some were exercises in slow torture. Some were beautiful and you had better believe the details are stored up in here my brain, filed under "I'd Like To Do That At My Wedding."
The key, to me, in creating the perfect wedding, is making sure the wedding reflects the bride and groom. It is their day after all. So, that's my plan, and as they say, having a plan is everything. The key. 
Of course we want our guests to feel comfortable and have a good time. We don't want our wedding to rank up there with root canal surgery or tax auditing. Everyone should have a good time, especially the bride and groom. 
This book I am reading made a point that has stuck with me these last few months. 
"Don't try to please everyone." 
This is a great tip because it's an easy trap to fall into especially if you have a personality like mine. And believe me, if I hadn't come across that little nugget of information this early in the process, I would have tried to appeal to everyone. 
I have to remember that just because Uncle Wayne likes llamas, that doesn't mean we should have a petting zoo next to the reception tent. 
I think I've got a good game plan started. "Traditional while reflecting our personalities." TWROP for short. 
See. Here's the thing. My bride-to-be and I have both been married before but neither one of us really had the wedding we wanted. This is our chance to make up for that. The good thing is that we have similar tastes and needless to say there was no Monster Truck versus Horse Drawn Carriage conversation. That's a huge hurdle out of the way. 
We've picked colors for our wedding. I'm an artist and comfortable in my sexuality. I can make a statement like that. I just won't follow that statement with "And they're fabulous!"
Actually having an artist's eye is going to come in very handy throughout this experience. I have table settings to design, a reception hall to decorate, an invitation to design and create and....crap. I'm sounding gayer with every word. Excuse me while I save this and watch some UFC Ultimate Fighter for a few minutes and swig a beer.


<several minutes go by>

Okay. I'm back. And for the record, that Ultimate Fighter show is just about as gay as anything on LOGO. 
Suffice to say I've got the artistic direction of my wedding under control. And if you think any different, I'll scratch your eyes out.






Je. Matzer~Goin' To The Chapel
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment