Wednesday, January 12, 2011





It's been 4 months to the date, almost, since I proposed to my girlfriend. My fiance. I've really got to get used to that. I'm engaged. I'm an engaged man. I'm getting married. In less than 9 months.

Shit.
I think we're in good shape. But then again, I've never done this. I could be up the creek without a paddle...or a canoe. Hell. I could be in the middle of a desert right now and dreaming I was up a creek. 
I've white-water rafted before. I can handle this. 
I do honestly think we have this under control. 
We have the bride's dress. We have the venue. We have...each other. 
We have a semi-final invitation list and a good friend who is going to create our cake for free as a wedding present. All I need to do is design it. 
So, to recap, that's the cake, the dress, and the venue. Those are the 'Big 3' if I am not mistaken.
That's good right?
This is the part where you reassure me and say "Absolutely. You're golden."
I know. I know. I know. 
There are a million other huge, mid-sized and tiny little details left to coordinate. And honestly, I think that number is fairly close. A friend loaned me one of the Planning Your Wedding books and it's just a little thicker than the King James Bible. The first sentence is the book is "If you are planning your wedding and are not a professional wedding planner, don't do anything else but concentrate on the event and all the details involved. Don't lose focus. Don't sleep. If you do, your brain will explode."
I might be paraphrasing. A little.
Okay. I get it. Planning my own wedding is going to be a very involved, often frustrating, exhausting experience. 
The question is not "Can I do it?" The question is "Can I do it and remain sane?" Well, as sane as I can be, that is. "Of course I can!" I say confidently, chest puffed and brow furrowed.
My little voice remains silent, head buried in the How-To book. 
Damn that's a thick book. 









Je. Matzer~Goin' To The Chapel
All Rights Reserved



1 comment:

  1. You're funny honey, and doing SUCH a great job! I'd do role reversal with you ANYtime... Oh, I meant, well.... you know <3

    ReplyDelete