Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's been a busy week. 


There is a lot going on and there seems to be an endless list of to do's in front of us. I don't know how Will and Kate handled the pressure. Oh. That's right. He's royalty. He has people to do all those things. He just had to sit back and watch his hairline recede. Yeah. I  said it! He might have had a pressure-free...let me rephrase that...he might have had a wedding where there was a huge staff of subordinates taking care of all the hundreds of little details that needed to be taken care of, but in the end, I've got more hair. I'll take what I can. 
The invitations arrived. They look really good. I can breathe easier. With any luck we will be mailing them out this weekend. I'm just waiting on the UPS guy now for the RSVP cards which should have been included in the box with everything else but for some reason it was decided they should be sent separately. UPS. Unclear Packaging Strategy. I guess.
Speaking of invitations...
A friend of mine is getting married in October, just a week before Fawn and I. Their invitations arrived today. They look good. Really good. Very nice indeed. And Matt has more hair than I do! Damn. And things were going so well too.
The remainder of the week...oh wait...today is Thursday. Shit. Okay. 
Well then. 
Tomorrow is going to be all about beer and wine and food and table cloths and...that should do it. 4 hours worth of work. Tops. It's Friday after all. 
i found myself saying this the last few days...
When I first proposed to Fawn last October and we decided that the wedding should be on the one year anniversary of my getting on one knee in the sand and then taking an hour to get back up (Damn my knees!) it really did seem like we had all of time til the wedding. 
Okay so maybe it was only a year. That's a long time! At least it used to be, or so it seems. I remember laughing and being way to cocky about the whole we-have-a-year-who's-worried-? thing. Now here we are. 73 days away...or is it 72? It's one of those and 73 or 72 days certainly don't a year make. 
Where has the time gone?
Where's Doc Brown when you need him?







Je. Matzer~Goin' To The Chapel
All Rights Reserved








1 comment:

  1. I could never handle such a long engagement. My Pooh-like brain is not built to handle the complexities of arranging an event of this magnitude, especially when stretched out over such a lengthy period of time. Even checklists lose their novelty after a time. But you seem to have done well so far. At least you haven't run screaming into the night with your arms waving around like overcooked spaghetti! (That's probably item #317 on your list, isn't it??)

    The real fun begins when the countdown approaches 30 and you realize, Less than a month! And then the intensity cranks up when it gets to 14 days. And it goes completely insane when you're in the final week.

    But it's all worth it when you get to W-Day+1, and you wake up in that fancy room on the coast in Brisbane, with the big picture-window view of the ocean, and you turn to Fawn with an overwhelming sense of relief and happiness and joy to tell her how much you love her ... and she's busy typing notes to all your friends on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete