Saturday, August 20, 2011

I guess that if I were to compare where Fawn and I are at in our wedding plans with the plot of a movie, I would have to say that right now Chief Brody, Hooper and Quint have set sail to hunt down the shark that's been terrorizing Amity. 
Amity, as you know, means friendship.
I guess what I am saying is that we are a little more than halfway through this process and that one of us is going to get slowly devoured by a giant great white shark.


"We're gonna need a bigger boat."


Agreed.
A really big boat and three more weeks.
RSVP's are starting to come in. I actually find myself running to the mailbox every day now and then I text Fawn and tell her "We got three! We got three!"
Then she texts back "Yay!"
Then I text back "Yay!"
And then she texts back "From who?"
Twenty minute later I'm back to work on wedding stuff.


Did I mention I sent an invitation to Regis Philbin and his wife. 
(For those of you who don't know-that should be about 3 of you-I was a contestant on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire about a hundred years ago) Regis and I did actually trade correspondence for a while after I appeared on the show. I don't want to give the impression that we have vacationed together on Martha's Vineyard. We hit it off on the show, we traded some letters, he always picked me out in the audience when I came to a show and made time to speak to me but that was it. We've never been bowling and we've never been to a strip club together. And...despite what the National Enquirer says, we've never, ever, been bowling with strippers. 
So, anyway, seeing as I have Regis' personal and private office address I decided to send him an invite. 
Do I honestly believe he will show up with his wife Joy on his arm? No. I did it for a laugh. Who knows? It's a crazy world. Besides, he'd probably stand up after I said "I do" and ask me if that was my...say it with me...my final answer.





Je. Matzer~Goin' To The Chapel
All Rights Reserved




1 comment:

  1. I really, really, really hope Regis shows up. That would be so utterly cool.

    But if he can't make it, you should at least have a Regis look-alike to say the line. It would be classic!!

    (I'd volunteer, but I look nothing like Regis.)

    ReplyDelete