Sunday, July 31, 2011

The invitations have been ordered. 
We've got a really good idea of the tablecloths we are going to use. The whole picking out the linens was a lot less gay than I thought it was going to be. Maybe that's because Fawn was sitting next to me. 
Of course I had to hear what I've been hearing through this whole process. 
"We hardly ever see the groom so involved in the process."
I take it as a compliment. I took this challenge on knowing I would make mistakes and get frustrated and put a ton of pressure on myself and love every minute of it, knowing what is waiting at the end of the journey for me and Fawn. 
I don't understand why more men don't get more involved in their wedding planning. Trust me, if I had the money, I would gladly hand over all the busy work to someone a great deal more qualified to do the job. As long as I didn't end up in crushed velvet with a polka band playing at the reception, of course.
I don't know if I'm doing a good job or not. 
We're about 75% there. 
75% there with 77 days to go. 
I've always been bad at math. Is that good? 
Here's what we've got so far. 
The dress. 
The rings. 
The venue. 

By the way...remember when I mentioned a while back, in another post, that one of my fears was that a train was going to speed by right as the ceremony starts? Here's a follow-up and a word of caution. 
I will begin by saying that 9-11 was a horrific tragedy that has scarred this country, and the world, for ever. We have endured. We have triumphed. We have not forgotten but we have moved forward. And that's all wonderful. Really. Ten years later though, and here's where it sucks just a little, you can't place the most innocent of phone calls to AM-TRAK and ask about a specific train going through a specific location at a specific time. Go figure! I understand though. I really do. It's a different world and we have to be on guard. I'm just glad I borrowed a friend's cell phone when I call Am-TRAK to ask. Red-flagged? On some watch list? Not this guy!

Okay. Back to what we've gotten accomplished.
The guest list.
The invitations. 
The food....
(okay...we're really really close on that one)
The linens. 
(probably closer than we are to the food...but still really really close)
And...and...wait a minute! 
That's it!
That's only 7 things. 7? Seriously? 7? 
<going through THE WEDDING NOTEBOOK>
<counting on fingers>
Shit. I thought I was doing so much better than that. Okay. Maybe not. Now I'm feeling like one of those kids in those Final Destination movies. You know what I'm talking about, don't you? They think they're ahead of the game, just walking down the street with some over-priced beverage from Starbucks. They're smiling. Birds are singing. The sun is shining. 
AND THEN WHAM!!
A squirrel runs out in the road...a truck to swerves to avoid the furry little bastard and steers into a scaffold...a scaffold where a guy is holding a nail gun...a nail gun which fires into the head of a guy holding a flame thrower who turns, in slow motion of course, and sets our happy teen on fire. 
What was I saying? Oh yeah. I only have 7 things done on my TO DO List and I'm afraid I will be burned alive by a guy with a flame thrower. 
Yeah. That's it.

Je. Matzer~Goin' To The Chapel
All Rights Reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment